XCELAR Helps Design and Implement Security Systems You Trust
XCELAR's security specialists work with operators, airports, transportation security authorities and the FAA to design, test, and upgrade global security procedures and systems to meet the dynamic needs of our industry.
Our security experts deliver first-hand experience in operational security, implementation and continuous improvement, including:
- Aircraft security procedures and equipment
- Security analysis / risk mitigation
- Security incident reporting systems
- Commercial air carrier security risk management: hazard identification, remedial actions, continuous monitoring and continuous improvement
- Aircraft secondary barrier systems
- Federal flight deck officer program
- Civilian aircraft threat detection and defense systems
- Manpad countermeasure systems
Our credentials and expertise include:
- SMS accredited personnel
- MEC Security Committee Chair & ALPA National Security Committee's Security Council Chair
- Member of ALPA's NSC National Steering and Oversight Committee
- Founding members of Federal Flight Deck Officer program (FFDO)
- Designers and managers of security incident reporting systems
- Developers of leading edge commercial aviation security systems
Aircraft cabin surveillance system in-service trial: led program that developed, installed, certified, flew and evaluated onboard cabin surveillance system in commercial revenue service on a major US Airline.
FAMS Communications: led cooperative program between Federal Air Marshall Service (FAMS) and a major international airline to define and demonstrate personal wireless communications capability for FAMS onboard aircraft. Program included collaborative development of more effective interactions between FAMS, cabin and flight crews in all phases of flight.
Aircraft secondary barrier program: initiated concept, led development and deployment effort on a major global airline, helped found and currently co-chair resulting RTCA technical standards committee.
Chief pilot for major US airline's Federal Flight Deck Officer (FFDO) program; responsibilities include not only flight operations aspects but also development/negotiation of ground security procedures, checkpoint passage methodology, and storage and security of duty weapons in various ground and air environments. Duties also include investigation and resolution of procedure violations in various domestic and international situations. In addition, multiple XCELAR personnel are or have been FFDOs.